Foundation / Corporation
The Redwoods Group Foundation
Grants of $25,000 to USA YMCAs, Boys and Girls Clubs, camps, and Jewish Community Centers for innovative projects that create positive community change. Funding is intended to support projects that are distinct and unique to the organization, new and at an early stage of development, and scalable and significant.
For this year’s innovation challenge, the Foundation is looking for brave, innovative approaches that your organization is taking to change your community in new and important ways. The following suggested possibilities might help you narrow in on your proposal:
- Creating new and unlikely partnerships that allow your organization to have an impact in a different sphere or at a different level; or engaging in a collaborative or novel way that requires your organization to adapt and shift the approach and model it’s most comfortable with
- Taking a leadership role on a difficult or sensitive topic or issue; or taking on ownership of an initiative or effort to tackle a particularly daunting problem; or confronting an uncomfortable status quo in a new way
Including and empowering different voices and leaders in your work; and/or giving others the control to shape the direction and focus of your efforts
- Going beyond inclusion in terms of numbers and representation in your organization or your work, and actively working to openly discuss and address the issues underlying the need for that inclusion
- Any other innovative way your organization is stepping out of your comfort zone to take a brave new stance or make a courageous new effort to solve a problem in your community
It’s important to note that the Foundation is looking for innovative approaches that are:
- Unique and distinct at your organization. Something that you’re creating, rather than a signature or nationwide program that is common across other similar organizations.
- New and early stage. An effort that has launched or is ready to, rather than an idea that hasn’t taken much shape yet or an approach your organization has successfully implemented for some time.
- Scalable and significant. Efforts that other communities could consider adopting, and that have the potential to address an important problem at a significant level in the communities you serve.
GrantWatch ID#: 181754
Up to four
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application link: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=redwoodsgroup
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming