Nevada Division of State Parks (NDSP) - Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
Grants to Nevada nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and tribal governments to improve and expand recreational trails within the state. A pre-application is required prior to submitting a full application. Funding is available for motorized trails, non-motorized trails, mixed-use trails, and trail education projects.
- New trail construction
- Trail restoration
- Trail head facilities (restrooms, signage, kiosks, etc.)
- Purchase of tools to construct and/or renovate trail
- Land acquisition for trail purposes
- Safety and educational programs
- Engineered trail design/maintenance documents
Project categories are:
- Nonmotorized for single use
- Nonmotorized for diverse use
- Diverse use (motorized and nonmotorized)
- Motorized for single use
- Motorized for diverse use
Further details about each project category can be found at: http://parks.nv.gov/uploads/documents/2020_NV_RTP_Applicant_Handbook.pdf#page=5.
A list of permissible uses may be found at: http://parks.nv.gov/uploads/documents/2020_NV_RTP_Applicant_Handbook.pdf#page=7.
GrantWatch ID#: 177579
- Grantees will be given 36 months to complete an RTP project, with the exception of education projects. All Education projects must be completed by September 30, 2020.
- Projects must begin within nine (9) months of the grant award or they can be terminated
- Submit requests for extensions in writing for receipt by the Recreational Trails Program Manager 3 months before the expiration date of the grant.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit pre-applications, and direct questions to:
Park and Recreation Program Manager/State Trails Administrator
Grants & Projects Analyst
(775) 684- 2775
Nevada Division of State Parks
901 S. Stewart Street, Suite 5005
Carson City, NV 89701