Foundation / Corporation
Great Basin Heritage Area Partnership (GBHAP)
10/01/19 5:00 PM PT Receipt - for Large Grants, Small Grants, and Tonia Harvey Research Grants; Transportation and Quick Grants are accepted on a rolling basis.
Grants to Utah and Nevada nonprofit and private organizations, local and regional agencies, federally recognized Indian tribes, and individuals for innovative projects that protect and promote the unique natural and cultural heritage of the Great Basin National Heritage Area.
This grant program is designed to provide strategic investments in heritage sites, events, programs, materials, and other projects of cultural, educational, and recreational value in Millard County, Utah; White Pine County, Nevada; and adjacent tribal lands.
To be eligible for funding, projects must further one or more goals of the GBNHA listed below. Projects that address two or more goals will be given higher consideration. Projects that incorporate the primary interpretive themes of the Great Basin National Heritage Area (see appendix in Grant Guidelines) are highly encouraged.
Allowable project costs include site improvements, technical assistance, programs, events, presentations, publications, research, and field work. Grant funds may be used to cover project costs that are necessary and reasonable for the accomplishment of project objectives. Such costs may include contracted professional services, materials, equipment rental or repair, supplies, and travel.
More specifics about Eligible Projects can be found at http://www.greatbasinheritage.org/sites/greatbasinheritage.org/files/2019_grant_guidelines.pdf#page=2.
GrantWatch ID#: 173950
- Tonia Harvey Research Grants: Requests from $500 to $5,000 will be considered.
- Transportation Grants: Requests of $250 to $1,500 will be considered.
- Quick Grants: Requests of $250 to $1,500 will be considered.
- Small Grants: Requests of $1,501 - $5,000 will be considered.
- Large Grants: Requests of $5,001 - $20,000 will be considered.
- Tonia Harvey Research Grants: Funds must be used within one year of award.
- Transportation Grants: Funds must be used within nine months of award.
- Quick Grants: Funds must be used within one year of award.
- Small Grants: Projects must be completed within one year of award.
- Large Grants: Projects (or funded phase) must be completed within two years of award.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For questions regarding the Grants Program, or to submit an application, email email@example.com.
Great Basin Heritage Area Partnership
P.O. Box 78
Baker, NV 89311
USA: Nevada: White Pine County and adjacent tribal lands; Utah: Millard County and adjacent tribal lands